Wednesday 15 May 2013

Wednesday 15 May - Installation!

I finally got my head around how to do the installations on the student Macbooks in the pod. No help forthcoming from our tech (without wanting to charge a huge fee to work it out), but got it working myself, albeit with some tech glitches because MinecraftWDU simply won't install properly (ie- as it describes) in the Applications Folder.

I was again VERY grateful to have DOXINWHAT's help in working this out and doing installations alongside me - showed it to him once, and he was away - and we got the installations done and tested on 14 computers in half an hour!

Notes to self:

  • Install on Server - add server tool and client
  • Search in Library for Minecraft EDU folder
  • Make shortcut
  • On student computers, install but untick servertool
  • No need for Mojang accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - it will appear after it has been seen by our teacher.